Built in 1832 in the Georgian style as the original "Union Bank of Scotland". At that time the Duke of Portland was developing the harbour to transport coal from his mines in Kilmarnock to all ports in the UK. In fact the Duke commissioned the first railway in Scotland to haul his coal from Kilmarnock to Troon harbour. Commercial activity developed around the harbour as the bank developed.
Nowadays, the former Bank has been fully converted and restored to provide spacious and comfortable accommodation for visitors to Troon and the surrounding areas.
The Auld Bank is located close to Troon town centre and Troon harbour, so is very central for a large selection of good quality pubs and restaurants.
The Auld Bank lies in the heart of Ayrshire's golfing country with around twenty courses within a ten mile radius. Royal Troon & Old Prestwick are less that three miles away as the crow flies.
You will find the accommodation very spacious sleeping up to six people comfortably (maximum eight), we have listed the features below. Further Details > >>